- Chicken - ½ kg, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Onion - 2, medium size, finely sliced
- Spring Onion - 1 bunch (10 stick approx)
- Ginger - ½ inch size, finely chopped and crushed
- Garlic - 2 beads, finely chopped and crushed
- Tomato - 1, big size, fully ripe, pureed; or alternatively use 1 tblsp of tomato sauce
- Green chillies - 3, medium size, medium hot, finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1, sliced length-wise
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- All purpose flour - 2 tblsps
- Soya sauce - 3 tsps
- Vinegar - 2 tsps
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tblsp
Mix well the flour, chilly powder, black pepper powder, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, and salt.
Add the chicken pieces to this marinade and marinate it covered for 4 hours in a refrigerator / 2 hours if outside refrigerator.
Heat oil in a fry pan till very hot and fry the onions and saute till slightly golden.
Now add the marinated chicken pieces and capsicum and stir fry on low heat until the chicken is tender
While frying the chicken take care not to burn the chicken pieces by stirring continually.
Sprinkle a little hot water only whenever needed while cooking.
Add shredded Spring Onion Leaves as per requirement.
Serve it hot garnished with onion rings of the spring Onion Bulbs, lemon wedges, tomato slices and serve as a starter or as an appetising snack.